12lt Bokashi Bin – Indoor Kitchen Composter Kit
This stylish, compact, indoor Composter will transform ALL food waste (including cooked food, meat, fish and cheese) into a super healthy, nutrient rich compost.
The preliminary fermentation process utilizes an air tight container and Bokashi bacteria as a compost activator and has been specifically designed to initiate the breakdown of organic waste in the home environment.
Bokashi is a Japanese term meaning Fermented Organic Matter. It can refer to either a liquid or bran based material that has been fermented with EM (friendly bacteria). Bokashi products are generally pleasant smelling and, when added to your bucket, are designed to accelerate the fermentation of organic matter.
The fermentation process does not produce adverse smells so you can keep the bucket under the sink or anywhere in the home. Once treated in the Kitchen Composter, the material can then be safely dug into your garden or placed in your compost bin.
- Strong compactor which can hang handily on the back of the main unit
- Location at back of main unit to mark the date of filling (to keep track of how long contents have been inside)
- One handed opening and closing
- Lid with rubber seal
- Carry handle
- Starts the breakdown process with fermentation using micro organisms
- For cooked and uncooked food (including meat, fish, fruit and vegetables)
- Conveniently collected in your kitchen instead of constant trips outside
- Produces nutrient rich liquid that can be used as fertilizer
- No adverse smells or fruit flies
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions
- Rebuilds the soil in your garden
- Decontaminates soil from harmful pathogens/pollutants
- Package includes: 1 x 12lt Indoor Composter, 1 x compactor and 1 x 500ml bottle of liquid Bokashi
- Dimensions: 28cm x 27cm x 28.7cm
- Construction: Recycled material
- Discover our complete range of home & garden composting solutions here
- Additional liquid Bokashi available here
- we offer complimentary (free) delivery, to your door on all orders over R450 - absolutely anywhere in South Africa
- average delivery time to Main Areas is approximately 3-5 working days from dispatch (please note that Festive Season shipping times may differ due to demand and holiday period closure)
- pre-order items are dispatched on arrival in South Africa (see product page for ETA/ contact us for confirmation)
- should you wish to purchase an item in advance and require later delivery upon project completion - this is possible, please contact us to arrange this